Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Running on Faith

...and caffeine.  I'm absurdly early for this flight - I arrived at my gate at 6:40 for an 8:10 flight to Dallas.  I'll be hopping around a bit today - Dallas, Orlando, Miami, and finally San Jose - but I imagine only Nebraska will give me free wifi so I figure I should write while I have the chance.  Given all the traveling I did this summer, I'm surprisingly not sure when I was last in an airport.  I suppose it would have been my trip home with Heather this Spring.



The sun's rising out the window to my left, washing away what has been a very short night and what felt like an instantaneous summer.  I've spent a lot of time wondering what God was doing with me over the last few months.  We like to wrestle sometimes.  In the end, I realized (yet again) that I cannot comprehend his timing, his plan, or his methods for accomplishing that plan, and consequently resigned myself to focus on simply taking the next step.  He's already promised to take care of the rest.


Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
   and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
   and he will make straight your paths.
Be not wise in your own eyes;
   fear the LORD, and turn away from evil. (Pr. 3:5-7)

My translation/takeaway:

Don't fool yourself with your own flawed logic.
  Trust God with all your heart.
Remember who and whose you were made to be
  and he will take care of tomorrow.
Don't pretend to know what you're talking about;
  humble yourself and let God do the talking. Listen and obey.

As I said to mom this morning on my way in, I hope to learn much more than I teach over the next few months.  I don't know how it's going to happen, but I've got faith, and right now I think that's all I really need.

1 comment:

  1. Safe Travels, Jacob!!! Hope you have so much fun and come away with a newer understanding of the world. :)

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete